Tom wrote:
Al --

Do you care to post the code for that CL program?

I ask privately, so that you can decline privately if you so choose.

Thanks.
Tom Jedrzejewicz
Here it is

/* Program SYSCMDUSNO */
/*                                          DSPLOG vs. CPF3334 & other
security oops */
/*                                          and other serious stuff worth
checking */
/* This program can go directly onto a BPCS user menu */

PGM

DSPLOG PERIOD((*AVAIL *BEGIN)) MSGID(CPA1E01     +
                 CPF0998 CPF1806 CPF2234 CPF4058 CPF8192     +
                 CPF9E72 CPI0964 CPI2203 CPI1479 CPI5970     +
                 CPPEA13 MCH1604)

ENDPGM

A few remarks of relevance.
As written, it can only be run by someone with SYS security access.
On our system the only people who can run pure SYS stuff are myself and the
BPCS security officers ... which are a few corporate managers.
I have added clusters of things that I consider to be reasonable that POWER
USERS ought to be able to do ... not everyone has command line access ...
those that do, are authorized to run jobs with the SYSCMD prefix ... I have
a bunch of little special interest programs like this one.

I have a menu associated with nitely backup ... this program is one of the
menu options.
It takes only a few minutes to look at this and some other related options
to see if any recent trouble I need to be aware of.
Less often, I look at the overall DSPLOG, then if I see something there
that I want to be checking more often, I throw it into this odd collection.

>>> Al Macintyre >>>
DSPLOG F4 F10 scroll and check for any hits on CPI1479 (Interactive
Capacity Ceiling)

I have a CL that checks on a growing number of serious stuff worth
knowing if it is happening, so I not have to remember message #s I
interested in.

>Al Macintyre
Al Macintyre
BPCS/400 Computer Janitor at http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com/