Hi Bill,

Another thought - since you just upgraded BPCS it is the programs that have
changed, not the data. The SQL Optimizer stores its Access Plan with the
program object. So it will need to recreate all the access plans. To check
whether this is happening, you can use PRTSQLINF on each of the programs you
mention (making sure you get the correct environment and library). This will
tell you when the access plans were created, as well as giving other clues.

Also, Al is right you need the Database Group PTFs from IBM, latest version.
To check that you have these, look for a data area called SF99xxx where xxx
relates to your OS/400 version - if I remember this could be 105 for V4R5.
In the data area it will tell you which version you have, or no data area
means no Group PTFs. These contain the very important SQL PTFs!

If the programs are slow because it is recreating access plans, then the
problem should go away.....although a performance review is recommended
after a BPCS or OS/400 upgrade.

good luck,

Clare

Clare Holtham
Director, Small Blue Ltd - Archiving for BPCS
Web: www.smallblue.co.uk
IBM Certified AS/400 Systems Professional
E-Mail: Clare.Holtham@btinternet.com
Mobile: +44 (0)7960 665958