We are on BPCS 405 CD.
Do you happen to know if JIT600 620 was available as of BPCS 3.1 ?
If so, that is the answer to your needs.

The JIT600 screen looks just like SFC600 screen, but it has secondary
screens available, to handle components consumed by the shop order, such as
material substitutions.  If you leave the clock # blank, you get a special
team screen to enter actual clock times (not have to convert to decimal)
start stop for all the team members.

We enter inventory transactions at same time as labor transactions so that
if an order has been done piecemeal, the data is still in sync, based on
what has been reported.

On an earlier version of BPCS, before JIT600 consolidated the labor and
inventory reporting, we were able to do the same thing by reporting
inventory completed so far, using an INV500 transaction effect that issued
component consumption transactions along with the received parts completed
so far.  Our problem was with proper scrap consumption, since for us that
is routing operation sensitive, so we wrote a modification to handle scrap
reporting.

We are on BPCS 3.1, and I believe we need to change our procedures on
processing shop orders to improve inventory accuracy.  Currently, we may
have a shop order for 100 units of which only 50 may be complete.  The
other 50 might wait for another week or two before they are complete.  At
this time, we don't process the shop order complete until all 100 are
finished.  This results in inventory inaccuracies on the component
parts.  Is there any way to process the order for the partial quantity,
and still keep that shop order open without having to issue a new shop order?

All suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks!

Jenny