Just published! Our BPCS B2B Internet eCommerce application suite online
demo is ready for prime time!

If you browse to
http://www.imcedi.com/IMC/WEBSITE/Services/Internet/internet.html you will
find three fully functioning Internet applications running on our IBM Model
270.

The first on the list is a B2B eCommerce site we produced for our client
Valley Industries. Valley is a BPCS 6.04 installation, and this site
connects to the BPCS database, and takes orders from Valley customers.

Among the things you might find interesting:

Providing that our broadband connection isn't overtaxed while you are on,
you will experience pretty impressive response times served up by a
lightweight iSeries server box.

How we accomplish this is the topic on
http://www.imcedi.com/IMC/WEBSITE/Services/Internet/WebTech/webtech.html .

There's more to know that we haven't written essays on yet, so here's a few
notes ...

With very few exceptions, all the product images on the site reside in the
IFS, accessible and maintainable by the person who publishes Valley's print
catalog.

By the same token, product descriptions, pricing, even to a large extent
the fundamental organization of data on the site ... all these properties
are either extracted from BPCS or reside in a maintainable database.

Unless our client wants a big change in look and feel, we're out of the
loop! Model year changes, new products, installation notes, you name it:
The site is dynamic and fully managed by non-technical personnel.

If you look past the user view and imagine how normalized the database must
be to support the divergent aspects of this customer's product lines you
might really be impressed ... It was not a small challenge ...

If you like what you see ....

We could re-use a large body of this code to do the same thing for your
company, saving time and money.

You might be trying to decide what technology to embrace for your own web
development projects. We could help with this issue and get you off to a
good start.

That's my pitch ... BTW, while you visit, cruise around our site and look
at everything. I just did a major overhaul, and some feedback from my peers
would be welcome.

Regards,

John G. Dyer, CDP
Vice President
Information Management Consultants, Inc.
jdyer@imcedi.com
http://www.imcedi.com
812.421.0045 ext. 203