Denis,

Regarding processing electronic payment formats our company (originally SAI
now Clarus) has been working with BPCS for over 10 years integrating with
banking systems around the world.

We have a product which is set up to work in the following manner.

1) A payment run is completed in BPCS (as per normal) but using a different
payment type from that which is used for cheques. E.G. Payment type 'E' for
Electronic Payments, which is maintained on the vendor master file.
2) The payment run is then downloaded into Cashbook using various selection
criteria such as payment type, bank code and payment date.  This selection
reads BPCS AMH & AML files.
3) At that point we "format" the payment file to suit the banking system
your company are using.  We have a global database of banking formats, if we
did not have your specific format we would build it by liaising with your
bank, the file specification is the crucial ingredient we need.
4) Once this payment has been "formatted" we automatically download the
payment information into the Cash side of our Bank Reconciliation module.
5) Bank Statement Files can then be uploaded from your banking system to the
bank side of the bank reconciliation.
6) A reconciliation procedure can then be completed on ALL cash and bank
transactions.
7) Bank statement only items, unpresented cheques, automatic and manual
reconciliations are all covered in this module.

FYI as well as this we cover electronic collections processing.

This system integrates with all versions of BPCS and we have many customers
using it on 6.0.02
I would be delighted to do a Webex/internet demonstration to yourself &
others interested on the improvements Cashbook makes possible in the areas
of cash processing and control.  Please email me offline if you wish to
pursue this further.

Best Wishes

Greg Coulter
Account Manager Cashbook