Hello, Anonymous,

In a message dated 3/22/02 4:53:34 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
THOWARD@accuridecorp.com writes:

> I have noticed several posting on the "open files after progam close" issue
> but have as of yet found one that can tell me how to effectively close the
> file without dropping the current BPCS session (getting out of BPCS). I am
> trying to do an OVRDBF which is not being performed because the file is
> still open. Have tried this with Secure *YES on the override but still do
> not get the desired results. Have tried DLTOVR as well as I have  written a
> program to try and open and close the file but the file still remains open.
> Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

The SECURE(*YES) should work, as long as you are performing an override scope
 of *JOB.  The only reason it wouldn't work would be if you're performing it
within an ADK program and not performing an OPEN to the file _after_ the
override...

JMHO,

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

"Often the best way to win is to forget to keep score." -- Marianne Espinosa
Murphy