Yanti,

In a message dated 2/17/02 10:30:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
yanti@perkom.co.id writes:

> Hi, we're in BPCS v.6.1.0.1, full client server mode.
>
> i want to ask about User Group Security Maintenance SYS603D1, i want to ask
> about the option that given n the BPCS default, why there's only a few
> program provided by BPCS for an example for ACR - there is only one program
> that provided ACR100D1 for customer maintenance and where is the user
> authority for the cash and memo posting ACR500D1 ??
> and i want to know if i can added for ACP500D1 for Invoice Entry ??
> and how can i added for that program...??

I'll give you a little more of a technical answer than you've gotten so far.
SSA laid the infrastructure for this ability during the V5 upgrade ("Big
Five" dittos to any of you out there that worked on the old SOM or GAM
projects!).  Two programs, SYS006B and SYS007B, were created to build the
action code and function key lists for display programs.  Authorization to
these lists was originally supposed to have been passed through one of five
256K parameters sent to all BPCS programs (the "Big Five").

Ultimately, these lists were hard-coded into the A0INIT routine for all
programs when old SSA scrapped the original redesign due to technical
difficulties and cost overruns.  With V6, the new security feature was
incorporated into a limited number of "high priority" programs utilizing the
new programs SYS006B2 and SYS007B2.  Any BPCS user on V6 or higher can
utilize this new feature using the currently defined programs as a guide;
however, (and if I'm not mistaken) SYS603 still does not allow you to add
programs and their associated functions to the list.  You'll have to
"deconstruct" SYS603 by looking at what files it has open and manually add
programs, actions, and function keys via SQL, DBU, or DFU.  Programs must be
modified to use the new SYS programs instead of the old ones, and the control
data must be inserted into the proper files.

HTH,

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

"Beware of programmers bearing screwdrivers." -- Old CrossTalk Proverb