> From: Carsten.Borth@rieterauto.com
>
>  Hi all!
>
>  We established a project concerning the Year End Routines.
>  Therefore we tried to find information about the programs needed to be run,
>  processes etc.
>  We got in contact with SSA in several countries but got very less back.
>  Mostly we got the hint to use the help text of BPCS.
>  If someone could send us more information about this topic
>  or sources were to find the information searched for we would be very
>  happy.
>
>  You could email directly to this address:
>  carsten.borth@rieterauto.com
>
>  Thanks & Regards from Switzerland
>  Carsten

Every company using BPCS has to have some check list of tasks in a very
constrained sequence at year end, month end, physical inventory, etc. which
is not identical for all companies.

It varies with:
version of BPCS;
the combination of applications implemented at your site;
any modifications & add-ons you have, which did not come from SSA.

BPCS_L participants can best help you if you mention:
version of BPCS you on (we on 405 CD but most here are V6+);
the platform (most of us AS/400 or iSeries but there are other choices);
what BPCS applications you using;
any tailoring choices that you think might affect check list (e.g. by
facility);
and if there is anything you want to refresh at year end that might not be
done at all companies ... recent posts I recall had people replacing frozen
costs at year end, which we do not do, while we zero out our purchasing
performance statistics at year end, which I imagine most other companies do
not do.

Are you familiar with, from other posts in BPCS_L archives:
http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l/index.htm

If you go there & search on year end, you will get approx 365 hits, then
viewing the topics discussed, you may wish to narrow your search to some
combination of the words: accounting year; calendar; change fiscal year;
close; effect of not running month close; middle of week; month end; new
year; open detail from prior month end; performance; physical; SYS reorg;
transfer account balances; year change; year end; and specific BPCS xxx900 &
xxx910 like INV903

on-line BPCS documentation such as contents of file BPCSDOC;
BPCS manuals from various different companies;
OSG from SSA, where you can seach BPCS FAQ by various topics.

Suggestion, if you have not already done this = use BPCS menu generation to
create custom menus that sequence steps associated with:
weekly reorgs;
random repairs;
end of month;
end of year;
physical inventory;
preparation for physical (e.g. reports to help the people, who will be
counting the inventory, correctly identify our parts);
stuff associated with end fiscal runnable outside the end fiscal time period
(e.g. unposted journal adjustments, calendar review).

Whatever consulting firm assisted with your BPCS implementation, they owe you
a copy of their reccommended sequence, and you should also get this from
whichever outfit provides your BPCS tech support.  If you used non-standard
upgrades to get Y2K then Euro compliance, the outfit that provided you that
software should have also given you a revised check list of anything impacted
by what they did.

BPCS 405 CD Manager / Programmer @ Global Wire Technologies Incorporated
http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com = new name same quality wire
engineering company: fax # 812-424-6838