Hi,

we are just completing our BPCS implementation and still use some excel
spreadsheets for reporting. I planned to extend our list of Financial
Reports that we run from the client server. If necessary I would export the
results into MS Excel for graphs etc.
What are the advantages of not using the Financial Report Writer function?
Thanks,

monika_rossocha@planar.com

                    "Jason Schemmel"
                    <jschemmel@ascentsolu        To:     "BPCS Mailing List"
<BPCS-L@midrange.com>
                    tions.com>                   cc:
                    Sent by:                     Subject:     New Spreadsheet
Server Product
                    bpcs-l-admin@midrange
                    .com

                    10/01/2001 01:34 PM
                    Please respond to
                    bpcs-l

Attention BPCS® User

Global Software has just released version 1.0 of its Spreadsheet Server
product designed especially for BPCS. The product was introduced during the
SSA Global Client Forum held last week in Boca Raton, FL.

The Global Software Spreadsheet Server product converts your familiar
spreadsheet software, such as Microsoft Excel and Lotus 1-2-3, into tightly
integrated analytical tools for your BPCS financial system. Your financial
users can leverage the strength of your spreadsheets with seamless
real-time
integration to your financial information. Spreadsheet Server eliminates
the
re-keying or downloading of data into your spreadsheet and makes your
spreadsheet an integral part of your financial application.

If your financial group uses Microsoft Excel for financial reports, they
will find this product invaluable. Some of the features include:
-          custom formulas to retrieve account balances
-          retrieve period, year-to-date, opening balance, or quarter
balances
-          view and retrieve account descriptions
-          drill down to account balances

This product is a tremendous complement to the BPCS CEA product. If your
financial users are re-keying or downloading account balances, the
spreadsheet server product will  be a significant timesaver at month-end.

The product is currently available for all versions 6.0 and beyond. In
addition, due to tremendous interest from the 4.05CD participants at the
SSA
Global Client Forum, Global Software will release a version for the 4.05CD
version in the next few weeks.

Please forward this email to your financial users for evaluation. Please
contact me at jschemmel@ascentsolutions.com for more information.

Regards

Jason Schemmel