> Does anyone have
>  any idea why the HINUSE field in ECH would get populated with a 'Y' during
>  ORD571D.

I will tell you how it happens for us, which might not be how it happens for
you.

During the time period that one person is in ORD571 some other people are in
ORD500 and other things.  They do not realize that there are potential
conflicts between other user actions that BPCS software is not able to handle.
Even when we ask people to please stay out of customer orders, or accounting
records, or inventory transactions for a few minutes until we resolve some
problem, many users do not realize that certain programs that they are
running are in the way of this or that application area.

So something gets IN USE YES but it is not via the job that YOU THINK is
doing it, it is due to some other user accessing the same data at the same
time as the job you are analysing.

Sep 11 Favorite Links:
http://www.semitrue.com/thankyou/
http://www.wheretodoresearch.com/news/foreign_newspapers.htm