From: Larry.Fry@tokheim.com [mailto:Larry.Fry@tokheim.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 8:03 AM
To: BPCS-L@midrange.com
Subject: Non-Inventory

AS/400 bpcs v6.1.01 full C/S

Is there a way to code either a warehouse or a location as being "Not in
Inventory" ?

We have material that has been rejected by incoming inspection.  It is
moved to a separate warehouse pending a return to the vendor.  This could
take several days or in certain cases several months.

When someone looks at the part in material status inquiry, the program
includes the rejected material as 'On Hand".    Which they consider that
misleading as the material is not available for production.

Thanks
Larry Fry
Gasboy International