  • Subject: RE: Deleting Ship Confirm Orders in BPCS 6.1.01
  • From: Steve Segerstrom <SSegerstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 11:54:33 -0500

Extremely tempting to toy with the data -  I've been approached by my users several times - issue stated like the following: "I've billed this invoice for 100,000 units and it's price was put in incorrectly at $250 per unit and it should've been .25'.

I've gotten on the pulpit and told them no and in the past we've let the transaction go through and fix it the next day; getting 12 calls regarding "strange numbers on my invoicing reports, daily business status, etc". Then fed in credit to clear AR, GL and inventory.

We've gotten better at both avoiding these and when they do occur, spotting them. When we can, we fix them the same day in much the same manner that George describes (even to the point of not mailing the invoice). This avoids the 12 phone calls; the only thing we might do different is evaluate the original order; if its a rebill and doesn't hit inventory we won't do an RMA.