i'm not a total expert, but it's Friday afternoon, and writing this reply is
better than other alternatives.

i believe the g/l data gets written to the GHH and GLH when it is posted. GJW
was a 'holding file' for batch subsystems to put their journals into. under CEA
most posting is interactive and it goes into GHH and GLH.

GSB is the equivalent of GGM but there are some differences. i believe that GSB
only holds period activity as opposed to ytd balances. and of course the most
major difference in GSB, GHH, GLH, and probably many other files is that they
all use the internal account number. this is simply a sequential number that is
assigned as a new GSB record is created. you cannot tell anything about the
account from this internal account number. you need to take the internal
account number and match it to the CGR file to get your external account number
that you are used to using. if you ever want to see some information about an
account, you need to take your external account number and use it to access the
CGR record. from this get the internal account number and then use it to access
the GSB, GHH, and GLH files.

chick doe
barton instrument systems

>>> ArtPrc1@home.com 05/11/01 01:45PM >>>
Wow!

That was excellent. Yes, I could use even more info, but I don't wish to
bore the group with my problem. If you have the time and energy, please send
any additional info to:

artprc1@home.com

With regards to your point#2, where I was going with this was in older BPCS
I could see records hitting the GJW file and I could check their value. If
they were posted already I could check GJH and GJD for the journals, and GGM
for accounts. What files do I look at now in GUI CEA? I'm assuming the
intermediate step of GJW no longer exists, so I need the equivalent of
GJH/GJD, which from a prior email seems to be the GLR and GLH files and for
GGM is GSB???

Thanks again for your detailed response, in the case of a novice like me,
the more info the better!!!

Dumb question: green screen BPCS has help documents I can download to my PC
and read in Word. Does GUI CEA have the same? Can't seem to find any docs on
it anywhere, which is really frustrating as some of the stuff I need to fix
I need to fix by Tuesday and without any Docs..sigh....

> [...]
>      information from an alias.  If not, it is pulling from the macro
>      set-up.  In our model, we have hard-coded the ACCNT segment to a
>      liability account for the credit entry, and have a macro in place for
>      the same segment on the debit side.  The macro is IP01TCINV, and the
>      Advanced box is checked.
>      If the Advanced box is not checked, go to Macros (the cogs/wheels
>      icon) and open the macro noted from your model.  The Source will show
>      the file and field the macro pulls from to populate that segment of
>      the account string.
>      If the Advanced box is checked, do the above, noting the file and
>      field, and then go to Aliases (the mask icon) to View all aliases for
>      that particular macro.  Select any of the aliases and open it to see
>      the resolution of the accounting code.  In our case, the macro
>      IP01TCINV goes to file ZIP01M (ATP Inventory Processing) and looks at
>      field IP01TC (Item Type Code), and then resolves the account segment
>      by looking at the alias which matches the item type for the
>      transaction.  We therefore have aliases for each item type, with the
>      desired account code entered in the alias details.
>
> 2. What files/fields in GUI CEA do I check?
>    Not sure what exactly you're asking for here, but I'll answer by saying
>    that you can get at most of the above info by querying the files
>    involved if you prefer querying:  GED (Event Determination), GAM
>    (Available Macros), GAH (Aliases), and so on.
>
> 3. Typical example problem: 5 PO receipts were done  today. I can use ITH
> to calculate what value should hit the GL. Where do I go in  GUI CEA to
see
> that value hitting the GL??
>    If you have determined what accounts a PO receipt transaction affects,
>    using Account Inquiry (the open book with magnifying glass icon) is
>    often the simplest way to get at the GL information.  I have a
>    step-by-step process for how to do this, but it's kind of long & I've
>    gone on quite a bit already.  I can send it separately if you have
>    problems creating an Inquiry.
>

> From: "Artprc1" <artprc1@home.com>@midrange.com on 05/11/2001 09:17 AM AST
>
> Please respond to BPCS-L@midrange.com
>
> Sent by:  owner-bpcs-l@midrange.com
>

> To:   <bpcs-l@midrange.com>
> cc:
> Subject:  Checking GUI CEA
>

> Hello all, hoping for some advice:
>
> We're on 6.04 with GUI CEA.
>
> Our accountants want to verify that the  transactions hitting the ITH file
> tie with what is hitting the GUI GL. I have  experience with the old BPCS
> (2.1), where you check GJW, but on the green screen  side there's no more
> GJW.
>
> 1. In GUI CEA, how do I find what account numbers a  transaction should
> hit?
>
> 2. What files/fields in GUI CEA do I check?
>
> 3. Typical example problem: 5 PO receipts were done  today. I can use ITH
> to calculate what value should hit the GL. Where do I go in  GUI CEA to

+---