You have been extremely helpful!

A couple more questions:

       1.)  Whiat is the GUID?

       2.)  TPEC & TPEB are both empty.  How are they updated?

Thanks!!

>>> Steve Segerstrom <SSegerstrom@intermatic.com> 04/05 3:59 PM >>>
Is the subsystem active or is it taking the subsystem down?

We have run into situations where there was an endsbs command "stuck" in a
jobque. I deleted it, brought the subsystem up and we we're up and running
again.

Generally the problems we have here are ECM looping not running - but this
may help. Look at the external requests, in file TPEC. Process flag should
be set to 0 - there should be a bunch. If there are none, there are no
external requests and the job process internal requests. Internal requests
are stored on file  tpeb.

Do a dsppfm on TPEB.  After the partner number you will see a 5 with a "Z",
or "0" or "4" or "2".  The TPEB that has a "2" is the one that ECM is (or
was) looping on.  If it is still running, you may want to monitor the record
for a few minutes to make sure it really is looping.  If it sits there in a
status "2" for say, 5 minutes, it's probably looping.  Another way we look
at it is to do a wrkactjob and look at the call stack.  If it keeps saying
"Get Key" over and over, that means it's looping.  You will have to kill the
job.

Next, look at your GUIDs in TPEB.  You are looking for duplicates. These
usually are attached to ECM605B3 and/or ECM605B2.  Those are the records to
delete.  There may be more than one set of duplicates, or triplicates. Once
you have deleted those, you will need to go into 54 (Control Center) and
reset whatever is active. You do this by putting in a "13".  (It will ask if
you're sure.)

Anyway, you should have a bunch of tpebs that have a status of 0. If there
are no tpecs or tpebs with status of 0; ECM has nothing to process.

+---