  • Subject: ITH Cost Change # Comment Field
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 02:05:10 EST

Me 405 CD

Does anyone know what this stuff in ITH.TCOM all means?
Ours has stuff like
T L F 40 001 02
P L F 20 001 03
P L I     005 01

The first 2 digits are obviously our facility #s where blank is global,
probably in error.
Last 2 digits might be cost sets which can go up to 99 but we only using 01
02 03 04 so far
middle 3 digit # might be cost buckets which can go up to 999
I am guessing first letter T / P is for this level / previous level

Is there anything else in there that I am missing?

My interest is in substringing meaningful access to history of cost changes.

I recently created a query/400 which gets the MAXIMUM and MINIMUM standard
unit cost by item & warehouse in ITH & did totals only to outfile used as
input to another query that got the difference between MAX & MIN to get how
much the standard cost had fluctuated, then listed those with the biggest
standard cost changes, for our whole company.  No problem there,
statistically speaking some items have to be the biggest cost fluctuators,
except they were not the items people were expecting to see.

I am thinking that if I can figure out ITH.TCOM I can use the same technique
to identify MAXIMUM date last time we changed standard cost of an item, then
link that to one of the costed BOM reports to get the last time an item
connected via cost roll-up had its standard cost changed.

So when we see an item on the wild side of cost fluctuations, we only need to
investigate those that have not recently been fixed.

AS/400 Data Manager & Programmer for BPCS 405 CD Rel-02 mixed mode (twinax
interactive & batch) @ http://www.cen-elec.com Central Industries of
Indiana--->Quality manufacturer of wire harnesses and electrical
sub-assemblies - fax # 812-424-6838

+---