  • Subject: RE: BPCS Version 4.05 CD to 6.1.01 Print Files Modifications??
  • From: Steve Segerstrom <SSegerstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 08:31:51 -0600

We used HP Laser Jets and forms overlay for all "single part" forms; Meaning
multiple part forms like bills of lading we're printed to a preprinted form
on a pin feed printer. Other forms such as invoices, AR statements and the
like we're addressed using the native ability of the HP laser Jet for forms
and by passing the codes to indicate the form. The only "trick" from the
as/set side was encoding the hex stream (indicating the form) to the message
file and to make sure the print file did not replace non-printable
characters with blanks.

I can't speak to how we made the forms, but I do know it was through word
and installing that "program?" onto the laser jet that produced the form.
For our company, several printers would need the overlays for billing
(because of reprints).

Multiple copies of the invoice we're addressed by directing to two laser
printers or reloading the stock and reprinting an invoice marked "copy"
after the "originals" printed.

+---