  • Subject: RE: Help Documents to transferred to MS Word
  • From: Steve Segerstrom <SSegerstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:39:18 -0600

Sounds like you've got the basics to get them to word. I will share my
experiences after getting them to word:

Plan on about a 1/2 day to a day per manual of formatting changes depending
upon how picky you are. I don't know if this was because of how I
transferred them or how they we're laid out originally.

For example, I got all of my spaces down and end of paragraph markers on
each line. Using mass replace in word I stripped out all of the extra blanks
(change 2blanks to 1blanks) and the end of paragraph markers and justified
each paragraph. Tables and indentations we're kind of re-arranged and called
for some review by a knowledgeable person.

I had a temp work part time over a couple weeks and we came up with some
pretty good manuals; even retaining the copyright information, etc.

+---