  • Subject: Re: Need help EDI / XML
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 12:16:21 EST

For outbound from BPCS to web site, there has been a lot of traffic on
MIDRANGE-L about ways to get data from 400 in general to PC applications in
general ... you might check their archives http://archive.midrange.com

I do not know all the details of how it is done, but I have a co-worker who
runs a Query/400 of the day's shipping to a spool file to Client Access to a
Microsoft SQL to web site or e-mail.

For inbound data from the customer, again I do not know technical details
only that it is possible ... think about how our anti-virus is automated ...
think about how some PC network backup is automated ... there are PC
functions that can be automated, perhaps using Robot from
http://www.helpsystems.com

So you could have a PC function that visits the customer web site on some
regular schedule & sends a message to some MSGQ regarding success/failure of
the mission, then runs the web screen print through some software that
converts the data & processes it in a series of steps that Robot is famous
for orchestrating.

> One of our customers used to send orders using the conventional EDI method.
>  Now they  post all this info onto their website every few hours we log
onto
>  their website using user-id /password which they have provided and take
>  screen prints from this website and then manually enter this info into our
>  ERP system (BPCS),  for outbound documents we generate reports from our
ERP
>  package and then enter all this info onto the website manually, we want to
>  automate this process ... any suggestions on the best way to do this will
be
>  greatly appreciated...
>
>  Regards,
>  Nazir

AS/400 Data Manager & Programmer for BPCS 405 CD Rel-02 mixed mode (twinax
interactive & batch) @ http://www.cen-elec.com Central Industries of
Indiana--->Quality manufacturer of wire harnesses and electrical
sub-assemblies - fax # 812-424-6838

+---