  • Subject: Re: Reorg (was RAR balance not equal to RCM balance)
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 01:44:36 EST

From Al Macintyre BPCS 405 CD

Thanks for the wonderful education of BPCS_L.
I compared Patrick's list with ours.
I got an education leading to adjusting what we reorg.
Patrick & others might also be interested in the differences.

> as a small note we are running bpcs 6.1.01 full client server and have  the
> following  rebuild programs run in batch  before any nightly processing
takes
> place as there are glitches in the software

Patrick's nitely sequence for 6.1.01 c/s =
INV971
SFC990 ORD990 SYS990
INV972 INV973
ACR970
INV970

Al's weekly sequence for 4.0.5 CD 2 m/m =
SFC990 ORD990 SYS990
INV971
INV972
ACR970 ACR972 MRP990
3rd party Customer Order Change History Refresh

Some key differences in the sequencing

1. INV971 vs. SFC990 ORD990 SYS990
Patrick does INV971 first.  Al does it last.
Al thinks better to reset allocations after the unwanted stuff has been
cleaned up.

2. ACR972 on Al's list but not on Patrick's
This resets corporate customer # to be in agreement between RCM & RAR
If you do not use corporate customer #s you might not need this

3. INV970 is on Patrick's list but not Al's.
We had previously determined that it is suicide to be deleting inventory
master records in the middle of the month - we do this in end-month
processing immediately after INV900 of a month when physical inventory is not
in the picture.
We do not do physical in the sequence SSA reccommends ... shop floor ceases
production a few days before end-month & are processing inventory tags while
other departments business as usual.  Thus on physical inventory months we do
not want to be killing inventory records that existed at the time that the
tags were generated.

4. INV973 is on Patrick's list before INV970 but it is not on Al's list.
I was not familiar with this & checked it out
Allegedly it combines
recalculate expiration and retest dates (which are not relevant to us) with
purge IWI records with no inventory or requirements, looping through ILI &
various kinds of order files to determine if that's the case... thus if we're
going to purge both ILI & IWI it might be more efficient to run INV970 before
INV973 (less records to loop through)

Incidentally we also run SYS120 right before CST900 because
CST900 without SYS120 takes 4-5 hours
CST900 with SYS120 takes 2 hours
SYS120 takes 20 minutes

I am wondering if something similar might help run time of CST600

Thanks also to the original stimulating questions
Thanks again Patrick for this reorg review
I am proposing that we add INV973 to our monthly check list

AS/400 Data Manager & Programmer for BPCS 405 CD Rel-02 mixed mode (twinax
interactive & batch) @ http://www.cen-elec.com Central Industries of
Indiana--->Quality manufacturer of wire harnesses and electrical
sub-assemblies - fax # 812-424-6838

+---