>  From:    barlova@biotika.sk (Barlova Miroslava, Ing.)
>
>  Hallo anybody!
>  We have BPCS v. 6.04 mix mode july cummulative. Does anybody know, what is
> the meaning of the next fields in the file APH ?
>  APSTAT          Header Status
>  APMOVE         Movements
>   APBUSY          Record in use by someone else
>   APPAYS          Payment Selection Flag
>  Which attributes can these fields have?
>

>    Miroslava

I do not have a reference list of all the values that could be in these
fields, but I would hazard some guesses based on how such fields are normally
used in BPCS.

Header Status ...
What kind of Transaction is this?
Where is it in its life cycle?

Busy
Only one user can be accessing any one record for purposes of update at a
time.
Each user needs to get their update to a conclusion before next user.
This is a standard of software theory that has been around for decades.
The only variation is how it is enforced.
Many BPCS files have a "Busy flag"
First program to get to a record for update throws the flag to say "I am
using this, everyone else stay out" and then when that program is done, it
switches off the flag.  The system works great except when some job gets
aborted before finishing so that the flag is never reset.  The flag can be
reset manually, but MIS also needs to investigate the damage from jobs being
aborted.

Selection
Typically one program picks which records are going to be processed, and
another program takes some action with all that have been selected.

In the absense of access to good documentation, I find that a very useful
tool for looking at population statisics is shown by the following example.

Get to a command line while you are inside the BPCS library list
CALL QCMD & enter
F10
RUNQRY *N APH & F4
on very bottom line make it *YES then enter
just press enter at selection screen
see what contents of some field seems to dominate
jot down what that is
F12 to selection screen & select to exclude the domination population
press enter
now we see a new dominant species
jot that down
F12 & adjust selection to also exclude that
press enter

you see the pattern
F3 when you got the info you need

Some software updates in BPCS have on the screens a little plus sign after
the field.
Any time you see that, put cursor on that field & F4 to get at a chart of all
variables supported.

Hope I have helped.

AS/400 Data Manager & Programmer for BPCS 405 CD Rel-02 mixed mode (twinax
interactive & batch) @ http://www.cen-elec.com Central Industries of
Indiana--->Quality manufacturer of wire harnesses and electrical
sub-assemblies - fax # 812-424-6838

+---