  • Subject: Re: Multi Level Shop Order
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 13:53:13 EST

fupingren@yeah.net writes:

> Dear All,
>      How to create and release multi level shop order, and when and why to
> use the function? thanks for your soonest help.
>      our BPCS version is V6.0.02 V4R4.
>
>  China
>  Ping

We are BPCS 405 CD V4R3 mixed mode & I am not entirely sure what you mean by
multi level shop order.

There are two ways we release shop orders.
There is an MRP option to release all shop orders due in like the next 2
weeks for the facility of choice.
We can define individual orders via SFC500 & SFC520 ... we sometimes do this
for rapid requirements where we will not be doing an MRP regen or net change
for a few hours & this customer order just came in that we need to start work
on immediately.

We have modified the appearance of our labor ticket from the BPCS generic.
There is space to write in all the stuff related to labor & inventory
reporting via JIT600, and we have also added some stuff to the pot.
We also use the tickets to track repairs ... sometimes inspection finds
something that is not quite right & can be fixed during production, so the
tickets are used to help track the fact that some fixed sub-assemblies are
coming soon.

Our tickets also show a copy of the additional description notes spelling out
step by step what is to be made, identify the BOM of the primary part coming
into the process, show where-used of parts in production that this
sub-assembly goes into, to help expedite movement of material across our
factory.  Extremely busy form, extremely useful to many people.  I could mail
or fax someone a few sample copies if you want to copy some of these ideas &
see how we doing it.  I can NOT get them from our 400 into my home PC e-mail
attachments.

> From:  Ruben Miernsky
>
>  When you have your flag set to Shop Order Generate "Yes", when a Customer
> Order is entered for the parent, it automatically will create a Shop Order
> for the item and ALL the children marked as Shop Order Generate "Yes" under
> it.  Is extremely useful for Make to Order environments.

We are Make to Order & I never heard of this before ... can it be done on 405
CD?
I had seen customer identification field in shop order layout & wondered how
it gets populated ... does this deal do that?

AS/400 Data Manager & Programmer for BPCS 405 CD Rel-02 mixed mode (twinax
interactive & batch) @ http://www.cen-elec.com Central Industries of
Indiana--->Quality manufacturer of wire harnesses and electrical
sub-assemblies - fax # 812-424-6838

+---