Rick Halsten
+1 630/300-6000
halsten@nexgeninfo.com

AGI:
Jean-Paul Patureau
+33 1 41 26 28 00
JP.Patureau@ibs-france.com

                  Nexgen Announces 24x7 Global Help Desk
           For Multinational Companies Using BPCS? ERP Software

Naperville, Illinois  ? October 23, 2000 -- Nexgen Software Technologies

today announced a new help desk services offering, the Global Help Desk,

for multinationals that rely on the BPCS® ERP system from SSA Global

Technologies (SSA GT) to run their manufacturing, distribution and

financials on IBM's AS/400 computer system. The service comes into being as

part of the new Collaborative Enterprise Alliance (CEA), also announced

today.

"Our new Global Help Desk offering allows multinationals to sign a single

contract with Nexgen or one of its partners that make up the CEA for all of

its divisions and subsidiaries worldwide, no matter which version of BPCS

they are on," said Rick Halsten, President and General Manger of Nexgen

Software Technologies. "This extension of our current Help Desk offerings

draws on the expertise of the combined resources of our CEA partners.

"Support from the Global Help Desk is 24x7," said Jean Paul Patureau,

Managing Director of AGI, the French member of the CEA. "Each Global Help

Desk client receives its own central database which all authorized users

can access. This database will contain the log and detail on problems and

their resolution. Such knowledge sharing will allow end users and IT staff

to benefit from their colleagues' experiences and ensure optimum BPCS

performance.  With multiple service/pricing levels to choose from, each

company can find the appropriate Global Help Desk model to fit their

needs."

Nexgen's Help Desk has garnered accolades from many happy customers. Joe

Darmofal, IT Director for Bestop, is one:

     "Managing an AS400 / BPCS shop for an $80 million company with minimal
     staffing is no easy task.  The best you can do is surround yourself
     with the best resources you can find then hope you can access them as
     fast as possible when the need arises.  Nexgen is one of my resources
     that stands head and shoulders above the rest.  When I have issues
     with my BPCS V5.1 software the last thing I want to do is burn up time
     in phone mail or wade through some verbose web site.  Nexgen has
     consistently provided me with timely accurate resolution in a
     professional and friendly manner.  For times when the issues got a bit
     complex Nexgen was signed on to my machine in the blink of an eye.
     Now that's Customer Service!"

Richard Thibault, IT Director for Eicon Technology Corporation is another:

     "In business today, one so rarely encounters service providers who
     actually deliver the quality of service that they advertise.  Being in
     an industry that is dynamic and leading edge, our company depends on
     service providers who deliver on their promises.  Nexgen has always
     demonstrated service excellence.  Since we started our partnership,
     [Nexgen] and especially [the] Helpdesk team have always provided a
     superior level of service and support.  This has helped me and my team
     to meet our internal service level agreements to our end-users, which
     has ultimately helped us to fulfill our business mandates."

Between them, Nexgen and AGI marshal the forces of 200 BPCS consultants

around the world. Nexgen has customers in 40 countries, and offices in the

U.K. and the United States. AGI has hundreds of customers and offices in

France, Italy, Spain and Brazil.

About Nexgen Software Technologies

Since 1990, Nexgen Software Technologies, Inc., headquartered in

Naperville, Illinois, has provided implementation and custom modification

services to BPCS and CA-PRMS users. The company also develops and markets

an automated Euro conversion tool for BPCS, NexgenEuro, as well as

NexgenCommerce for BPCS and for PRMS. For more information, contact Rick

Halsten, President and General Manager, Nexgen Software Technology at +1

630/300-6000, or via e-mail to info@nexgensoftware.com. Information is also

available on the World Wide Web at http://www.nexgeninfo.com.

About AGI

AGI is part of Groupe IBS with over 2,400 people in 30 countries worldwide.

AGI has been a SSA Affiliate and Business Partner since 1987 and has over

13 years of BPCS implementation and consultancy experience.  AGI delivers a

comprehensive spectrum of midrange software solutions as well as consulting

and training services to meet the needs of different industries, supporting

them to achieve rapid business growth.  AGI employs over 150 people and

maintains 4 offices in and near France, serving more than the 300 BPCS

implementations they have helped bring live since 1987.  AGI's Web site is

at http://www.agi.ibs-france.com.

                                  - End -

BPCS is a registered trademark of SSA Global Technologies, Inc.  All other
trademarks or registered trademarks are property of their respective
owners.

+---