  • Subject: Re: OGS Search (was Customer Service - Available to Promise in 6.0.02)
  • From: "Genyphyr Novak" <novakg@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:53:31 -0500

As re: the OGS techniques you are using to search. I really would stay away
from using the release and platform to search on the FAQ page. Most postings
about version 6 BPCS will apply to more than 1 BPCS release.

Also, an application posting done by someone who was on the Unix platform,
can easily apply to the AS/400 platform if it is about how the program works
or is meant to work. So, you are really missing out on many of the postings
by limiting your search to platform and version.

Instead, I recommend you use the 'Search entire database' field, and fill
this in with some keywords about the problem you are having or the question
you have. Use generic endings with the asterisk ('*') so that you can pick
up word variants. For example, if you search on 'Loop' but the entry has
'Looping' it won't be found in the search engine. Instead, if you search on
'Loop*' you will find all variants, such as 'Loop' 'Looping', 'Looped' and
'Loops'.

There is on-line help available on the site and I suggest you read through
the notes about how the searches work when you get there for further details
and tips.

Thanks

Genyphyr Novak
SSA