  • Subject: Re: BPCS support alternatives
  • From: "Ian Bunn" <ian.bunn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 13:02:00 +0100

You'd think that after 10 years AS/SET would be a more stable product
generating far more efficient code.  I personally think that the reliance on
this product was a contributory factor of the decline of SSA - it simply
didn't improve the BPCS product and did not improve application development
times especially when using the BPCS shell program.  In the early days, I
remember going in an physically fixing the subfile routines :-( ... somebody
pass me my pipe and slippers!

I know that there are a number of companies and houses out there who have
used AS/SET to develop extras to your BPCS suite and for mods, the use of
this product was necessary but I certainly am one of many people who will be
glad to see the back of it.

Regards

Ian Bunn
Managing Director - Progeny/400 Limited
817 Abbeydale Road, Sheffield, S7 2BH
Telephone: 0114 281 4626 Facsimile: 0114 281 4627

Serve your customers right - with C-Serv/400; the CRM and Complaint
Management Software Product on the AS/400
** Brochures and Catalogues Management and Distribution ** Product
Information Center **
** Spare Items Order Entry, Distribution and Management ** Complaint Logging
and Distribution **
** Ground Control - One Stop Enquiry Suite Generator ** Help Desk for
Miscellaneous Calls **
** Q&A/Survey  Builder ** Interfaces into any AS/400 system, ** Written in
native RPG **
** Web Enabled ** Prices start from an amazing $4000 per processor
(discounts available) **