  • Subject: RE: IWI and ILI Imbalances
  • From: "Bailey, Dick" <Dick_Bailey@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 15:28:13 -0500

        What we have sounds different - the resulting inventory balance is
correct in either ILI or IWI but not both.  Here are two specific examples:

        #1 - Item G3KFC/3404770, for which no ILI or IWI record existed on
6/1, we had:

        PR transaction for a quantity of 1 on 6/13.

        Result was Receipts of 1 in both the IWI and ILI records, and a
total of -1 Adjustments in the IWI record.

        No other transactions prior to this one.  ILI shows one on hand, IWI
shows zero.

        #2 - Item 9542703010, for which on 6/1 there were no ILI records,
and an IWI record containing zero opening balance, zero adjustments, zero
receipts and zero issues.

        On 6/22 we had a B transaction for 2 and a = transaction for 2 (We
shipped this kit) - and ended up with an ILI record containing Issues of 2
and Receipts of 2.  The IWI record, however, had Receipts of 3 and Issues of
2.  So ILI showed zero on hand but IWI showed -1.

        No previous transactions since 3/22.

        Dick