  • Subject: Re: where could I get DDS of IIM
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 16:19:49 EDT

>  From:    Qin_Huang@schindler.com (Qin Huang)
>
>  We are BPCS405CD vs AS/400 V4R4,
We are BPCS 405 CD Rel-2 & countless Y2K fixes
& AS/400 V4R3

> anybody could kindly tell me how to get all the fields description of IIM
file?

My answer walks you through a variety of tools ... you get to see the
qualtity of several so that in the future you can pick & choose which is most
helpful to you for your purposes when you need to check out some other file.

1. Command Line ... I use CALL QCMD
2. WRKMBRPDM & enter
3A Change Library to BPCS405CDS ... letter "S" on end for SOURCE
3B Change File to QDDSSRC ... format is IBM standard Q type of software SRC
... so you can get at other kinds of source code by plugging in CL or RPG or
whatever
3C. Position to IIM & enter
4. do a 6 print reference copy  of the IIM DDS source specifications & go get
it off the printer & return to where you are on the screen ... notice that
most of the fields are explained but a handful reference that SSAD whatever
document ... navigate to it using the Position line ... I advise printing
that whole thing ... it is really large ... instead
5. do a 5 view of the SSAD reference document then on the command line key F
(for find) space then name of one of the fields that it referenced then when
you get there ... you might just want to screen print, or jot down the
specifics, or learn how to do LP ... put cursor various different places in
SEU then F1 elicits different IBM help tutorials
6. F3 F3 to command line & DSPFFD IIM then F4 & make the output *PRINT &
enter ... this gets you a chart of IIM fields reference
7. RUNQRY *N IIM then F4 & change the field at bottom to *YES then when you
get to the selection screen, put cursor in bottom half & scroll down
definitions of field layouts, checking out commands available to you - you
could actually look at IIM from this point to see which fields are not
populated in your reality
8. F3 back to command line & STRSQL then SELECT & F4 then on select line
place IIM then F4 & it will get you to a layout of the IIM file with command
keys to view from different perspectives like F11 ... be VERY CAREFUL with
SQL ... it only takes a few wrong keystrokes to wipe out a whole file ... F3
out of this.
9. F3 back to command line & STRDFU then option 5 & IIML02 or IIML01 or some
other logical ... you can get a list of them at WRKOBJ IIML* ... and *LIBL &
*FIRST ... when the first selection screen arrives, just scroll forwards ...
be very careful not to actually key anything into any of these fields &
remember what the undelete & safe exit commands are ... if you press enter -
it pages you through what all fields exist in IIM & how they are populated
for any one record - scroll to get to other items or F12 to selection screen
to pick some item that interests you
10. F3 out of this back to command line & now via WRKMBRPDM QRPGSRC in a
suitable library, create a dummy program that will not compile ... just
insert F spec for IIM ... it will bring in the IIM file layout for your
reference
11. If you have XRF product from SSA, be aware that on some versions of BPCS
it screws up all of IBM security to run it.

Al Macintyre  ©¿©
http://www.cen-elec.com MIS Manager Programmer & Computer Janitor
+---