  • Subject: Re: ACP310 is not showing all the invoices
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 15:28:57 EDT

From Al

By comparison of volume, our ITH inventory history file has over 1 million
records in it & we often access INV300 history with no such trouble except
... when I had a programming error with additions to the history, the effect
was for the program to omit some postings ... ie. duplicate addresses got
skipped.  We do have thousands of transaction history on any one item #.
Even though different teams of programmers at SSA did different modules, BPCS
is supposed to have programming standards to allow for reasonable volumes to
be processed.

Given the volume of data to track, I think people really need better filters
to limit what they are looking at, than trying to wade through 18,000
invoices on screen.

Congratulations on limiting your users to a single view ... mine have
infinite views, crafted by different co-workers with different levels of
understanding for BPCS & the tools involved & I am often worried about
whether my users are getting at reliable data.

>  From:    bpcsmaynez@yahoo.com (Jesus Maynez)
>
>  Al, thanks for answer.
>
>  I believe you are right the subfile is not taking more than a specific
>  number of records. Howeve, the program is created in ASSET and I do not of
>  any specification of that kind for the subfile. Actually, you dont have to
>  create the subfile, it created by itself. Perhaps I should check the RPG
>  code, but I am not very good at it.
>  I was thinking on create another program to review these invoices, but I
>  would like to keep my users working with that single BPS program.
>
>  Most of the invoices are paid already, but the company has wanted to keep
>  that information in the system. Perhaps is time to change some company
>  policies.
>
>  Thank you.

Al Macintyre  ©¿©
http://www.cen-elec.com MIS Manager Programmer & Computer Janitor