  • Subject: RE: AS/400 Report Writers
  • From: "Stauch, Richard A" <richard.stauch@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 00:44:20 -0500

You've got the idea. The way we have handled these sorts of questions is in
the Initial Program To Call parameter (INLPGM) in the user profile. That
wouldn't work, though, for submitted jobs (setting the USER parameter on
SBMJOB command still won't run the INLPGM for that USER). Most jobs
submitted around here already have a CL shell program to call a validation
routine (also in CL), so your idea would be very appropriate there, for
submitted jobs [the status (Batch or Interactive) of a job can be checked
within CL, too].

Richard Allan Stauch
System Engineer, EDS
*       (562) 809-4861 (Voice)