  • Subject: Re: Question- BPCS405CD
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 04:08:28 EDT

from Al Macintyre BPCS 405 CD

We also have users who have troubles with the remembered keys, but I had
always thought 0 1 2 was choice of numeric field, not alpha supporting blank.
The biggest problem is that people forget that this is NOT by user but by
work station address, which has 2 implications:

1. If you are at a device that has more than one address, or your method of
sign on does not have a consistent address every time, then each address will
have different remembered key settings.  We have had users with all but one
value identical on each of their sessions & do not realize that the
difference is which session address ... like people who "lose" batches of
input because the batch is on a different work station session than the one
they now are on, looking for the batch.

2. When more than one person happens to regularly use the same work station &
have different preferences regarding reports on hold, which JOBQ to use, how
filters to be set, then the next user there might not realize their favorite
settings were changed by a co-worker.

There is another phenomena ... do you ever rearrange or change configuration
address?  We use an address system based on an acryonym of a department ...
BUY1 BUY2 BUY3 sessions in purchasing JITA JITB JITC sessions in one MFG
office ... some devices "lose" their address configuration where they are on
the port & in the process of us fixing it, AS/400 reconfigures with an
address like DSP73, then we see that is not right, and reset config to
relevant department name.  Since BPCS rules are based on the work center
address, then the last time DSP73 was assigned to someone, those are the
rules in effect, until we get the lost session back to MFG7 or whatever it
was.

When the device is an address that never existed before, it is like the
remembered key settings do not exist for that user's device.

> We have a user who looses her option 0 in the remembered keys randomly
>   in menu services.  Some days it is ok; others she has to repopulate.  Any
>  ideas?

Al Macintyre  ©¿©
http://www.cen-elec.com MIS Manager Programmer & Computer Janitor
+---