  • Subject: Re: ITH not posted to Gen Led (Was CST600 rollup)
  • From: Jesus Maynez <bpcsmaynez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 06:15:00 -0700 (PDT)

The transactions with old dates are generated by BPCS.
Not all the programs take the the system date to
populate the transaction date field in the ITH. This
field is populated sometimes with the user entries. We
are thinking on create a program that identifies new
transactions with dates out from the current period.

Thank you to everybody for your help.

--- Jesus Maynez <bpcsmaynez@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks again for all your help!
> I'm working with all the information you have given
> me. I let you know when I get this done.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --- MacWheel99@aol.com wrote:
> > From Al Macintyre
> >
> > I assume Jim means the change of topic was the
> good
> > catch, not the actual
> > advice given.
> >
> > Jesus - I gave you some bad advice.
> > You are on V6, I am on V4.  A lot of stuff is the
> > same but some is different
> > & apparently this is one of the different areas.
> V4
> > uses ITE rules to govern
> > how inventory gets into Gen Led, V6 has a whole
> > other sub-system that is not
> > relevant at V4.
> >
> > As for the Y N & blank, I doubt that BPCS has a
> > consistent rule of thumb
> > accross all settings.  To be on the safe side, if
> > was you, I would print
> > out, or carefully scan, on of the online documents
> > for SYS800 from DOC menu &
> > check the settings of Y N blank to see if blank
> has
> > a consistent meaning, and
> > also do F1 help on changing ITE  transaction
> effects
> > ... INV150 or INV140 or
> > thereabouts ... to see if blank has a consistent
> > meaning.  When blank is a
> > default for one side of two choices, I would
> change
> > such blanks to a more
> > obvious meaning to avoid confusing the next person
> > studying this.  I would
> > not change any settings without massive
> consultation
> > with other people who
> > think they understand what it all means.
> >
> > On the date inconsistencies, the data goes into
> ITH,
> > as seen on INV300 F21,
> > in the sequence that it is posted, and people's
> > programs normally use today's
> > date in consistent Y2K-compliant format.  At
> > Central, we kick everyone off
> > every week nite for backup assurance, so there
> > should not be any scenarios of
> > green screen signed on with a session date of more
> > than one day old, except
> > after weekends, but PCs are now doing emulation
> > simulation off of an external
> > (to the 400) ethernet with PCs left turned on
> > continuously - I am assuming
> > they get their 400 session date from the AS/400
> > sign-on & not from the PC,
> > but V6 client/server might work differently on
> that.
> >  In other words, if the
> > BPCS software gets the date to use from the
> session
> > & if the session gets the
> > date from the PC & if the PC has the wrong date
> > a lot of IFs there that I
> > do not know answer to.
> >
> > We taught our users how to reset JOB DATE months
> ago
> > to help with Y2K testing
> [...]
=== message truncated ===