  • Subject: Re: Are any updates needed in order to upgrade from V4R1 to V4R4 of OS/400.
  • From: pgreenfi@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 09:10:23 -0500

Chris,
Check the SSA/IBM APAR for specific PTF requirements:

There is an IBM informational APAR which is maintained jointly by IBM Software
Support and SSA Helpline which lists recommended PTFs and tips for running BPCS
on various OS400 release levels.  This includes V4R4.  The informational APAR is
II11801.  It can either be viewed online via the web, or ordered through ECS on
the AS/400 just like a PTF.

Here are instructions for each method:

1.   Order it as a cover letter on the AS/400 through ECS (SNDPTFORD command)
 SNDPTFORD PTFID((II11801)) PTFPART(*CVRLTR)

2.   View the cover letter on the AS/400:
DSPPTF LICPGM(INFOAS4) SELECT(II11801) COVERONLY(*YES)

--- or ---

View it on the Internet from the AS/400 service homepage:
a)   Go to URL http://www.as400service.ibm.com
b)   On the left side take the link "Tech Info & Database"
c)   On the left side take the link "Software Problems - APARS".  (This may open
up a different browser window)
d)   Take the link "All Info APARs by Release"
e)   Select "Search" and enter II11801, or select the release and scroll through
until you find II11801.

Peter Greenfield
Product Manager, AS/400

"Certz" <certz@americanmetalproducts.com> on 04/05/2000 09:44:15 PM