        From:   Lmittman@aol.com [SMTP:Lmittman@aol.com]
        Sent:   Tuesday, March 28, 2000 4:49 PM
        To:     BPCS-L@midrange.com
        Subject:        Re: ITH transactions of the type #

        Bill:

        As you mention, INV300 is sequence number sensitive.  The ITH Seq
Number
        (ITSEQ) field in the Item Master (IIM) File is a counter that
controls the
        assignment of the next ITH record for an Item.  BPCS assumes that
the
        Sequence Number on the ITH record (TSEQ) will be sequential within
Item.

        Also,  the ITSEQ must NOT be less than the TSEQ for the Item.  If it
is, ITH
        records with a greater Seq Number will NOT be displayed.

        In addition, duplicate key ITH records will then be created.  If
this
        situation occurs, a looping problem can result during Inventory
Month-End
        Close when INV900 tries to purge and reorganize the ITH File.

        To correct such a problem, a simple program can be written to
resquence the
        ITH records in acsending sequence and then reset the ITSEQ field in
the Item
        Master.

        Thanks.

        Les Mittman