  • Subject: Re: Modification to ASSET program BOM500D1, BOM500D4
  • From: DAsmussen@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 15:48:21 EST

Dare,

In a message dated 3/9/00 12:26:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
oludare@ix.netcom.com writes:

<<snip>>
> I HAVE MADE SOME MODIFICATIONS TO BOM500D1 AND COMPILED WITHIN ASSET.  The
> problem is I can not get the program to work correctly.  The program
initial
> response time is extremely slow (about 10-20min), all action items are
> missing except for "8=Position to" and items descriptions are not showing..
> The program names are changed to BOM50DD1=*DSPF, BOM50DDR=*RPG,
BOM50DDC=*CLP,
>  CLMSGD=*MSGF during interractive compilation.
<<snip>>

You forgot the "numero uno" rule for technical questions here -- state your
release and platform.  However, I can infer from your problem that you are on
the AS/400 (no ADK on the HP, AFAIK), mixed mode (can't modify display
programs on full client) and that you are on at least 6.something.  Your
renaming of the objects was the problem.  Why did you not keep the original
names and place the objects in BPCSUSR (which is SOP for modifying BPCS)?
BOM500 is one of the programs that incorporates function key and action code
level security.  If you rename it, the function keys and action codes will
not be authorized to group SSA (or whatever group you're using).  To my
knowledge, SSA's program to maintain this authority _STILL_ doesn't allow you
to add new programs to the list, so using DBU or DFU on the (ZKY?) file is
the only way to fix your problem other than renaming the programs to their
proper names.  Name the programs back to their originals, or check out the
security program for which file needs to be modified...

HTH,

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

"Success is getting what you want.  Happiness is liking what you get." -- H.
Jackson Brown
+---