  • Subject: Re: Command for Limiting Query to run in Batch only
  • From: gmihajlo@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 13:43:27 -0600

>If you limit QUERY run to BATCH, what happen during query definition and the
>user press F5.

'Queru/400 Use' states that the following cannot be done when users are
restricted from running queries in batch:

-   Use option 9 (Run) on the Work With Queries display.
-   Press F5 (Report) to display the report on-screen.
-   Use option 1 (Run interactively) on the Exit this Query display.
-   Run the QRYRUN procedure interactively.
-   Run the Run Query (RUNQRY) command interactively.

The above is correct only if restriction is achieved by changing parameter ALLOW
not to have *INTERACT value in command RUNQRY as mentioned earlier, but not if
other workarounds are used (using CL program, or changing user authorities for
the command only)....
If you decide to create a copy of RUNQRY command in another library and change
that command to restrict users who will use it, make sure you revoke their
authority to use the same command in QSYS, otherwise they will still use
original one (in QSYS) unless you add new library (where you placed copy of
RUNQRY) above QSYS in the system part of the library list! This is because
system part of library list and libraries in it are always above user part of
library list, so even if you add your new library to the top of library list by
ADDLIBLE POSITION(*FIRST), this way you will only add it to the top of user part
of library list which is still not enough to avoid running RUNQRY from QSYS
without explicitly specifying library name from which you want to run the
command, obviously.

Goran

+---