  • Subject: Re: Request Help file sent to OGS - Could be in PDF format?
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 10:26:17 -0500

>  From:    thanab@takeda.co.th (Thana B.) in Thailand
>  At present, the request help document which be sent to OGS,
>  we have to print it out at first then use oversea faxing.
You might also ask if UPI or Nex Gen have Thailand offices ... their help
support includes direct dial in to your 400 via the ECS line, through IBM
copy screen (GO CMDCPY) so they can look at your data in 400 mode.
>  Or if  we change to send the request by email, we have to send
>  with MS Word format.
>  thats OK if don't attach an OutQ data from AS/400
>  (e.g. from WRKACTJOB command)
We usually use WRKSPLF & WRKOUTQ to get at reports, or WRKUSRJOB ...
WRKACTJOB can only get at the OutQ data when the report is still active &
it
is rather cumbersome path.
>  Which normally, we use print screen command on Windows environment
>  and paste each AS/400 screen into MS Word screen-by-screen.
>  This method takes time and the help request document will be bigger and
>  bigger.
Within PDM you can import 400 reports & screen prints into a single SEU
document, although there is a sideways constraint on what will fit in ...
the
widest SRC/400 we've found is OCL36 & it is not really as wide as the real
thing.  So long as it is still 400 format, the size remains small, then
when
all finished on 400, move the whole thing to PC so as to conserve total
space, compared to an aggregate series of wasteful conversions.
>  If we directly convert the OutQ from AS/400 to PDF file
>  we will have all information in 1 small file and in WYSIWYG format.
>  And of course,  we can attach this pretty file with e-mail.
>
>  So, I believe that's more convenient if SSA will accept the request help
>  document in PDF file format other than M$ Word format.
That is an issue of what SSA can be persuaded to do to make life simpler
for
their customers in countries where they do not have in-country tech
support,
which is a bit outside what BPCS_L can do.
>  Regards
>  Thana Boonsiri
>  IT Manager
>  Takeda(Thailand),Ltd.
>  E-mail: thanab@takeda.co.th_nospam
Another approach might be to seek a trading partner in one of the countries
of SSA support, that will accept your overseas transmission in ANY format
that is inexpensive to transmit overseas, then convert it into whatever
format SSA has to get it in.
Al Macintyre  ©¿©
http://www.cen-elec.com MIS Manager Programmer & Computer Janitor
http://www.whma.org = our nitch industry has a large committee searching
for
ErPdMes products right for WHM without work-arounds, which for many members
resemble a snipe hunt - if you are in this software business & want to fix
your product so it will not be mistaken for what your competition has been
doing, then you might want to join our great game.
Y2K is not the end of my universe, but a re-boot of that old Chinese curse.
The road to success is always under construction.
Stiff in opinions, always in the wrong.
When you want it cheap - you get what you paid for.
When in doubt, read the manual, assuming you can find the right one.
+---