  • Subject: Re: PC's Locking up when in BPCS
  • From: Chuck Lewis <clewis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 07:57:42 +0000

Anthony,

I thought that is what you meant, then you got the other reply so I thought I
had
misunderstood. Unless something has come out in the last year or so - NO. It's a
reload. You (should) use NTFS which requires a reformat of the HD. We let FAT
take
2GB of a 6GB HD so you can reboot from floppy and then let NTFS have 4GB...

Chuck

ANTHONY_JACKSON@dcsgroup.co.uk wrote:

> The question was...IS THERE A CONVERSION FROM WIN95 TO WINNT.....as there was
> for WIN3.1 to WIN95...or is it a format drive job..not forgetting that PC's do
> not only run BPCS..there are other software applications out there....
>   IE...stick in a CD rom...double click on install....win95 is converted to
> winnt.....sys register ect..all intact with current apps.....
> and 'bobs your uncle'.....off you go....no more PC lock-ups/hangs...or
>whatever
> you want to call them.
>
> "Genyphyr Novak" <novakg@ssax.com> on 23022000 19:20:48
>
> Please respond to BPCS-L@midrange.com
>
> To:   BPCS-L@midrange.com
> cc:    (bcc: Anthony Jackson/North/CSI)
>
> Subject:  Re: PC's Locking up when in BPCS
>
> The install of BPCS takes only a few minutes. . . no, there is no conversion
> to NT as there is nothing different in our software between the systems (we
> ship one flavor of the BPCS client that runs on both Win95 and WinNT). If
> you have multiple BMRs you can write a simple .bat program to apply them in
> order to the system. Shouldn't take in total more than 15 minutes if you are
> organized. . . . not sure what you would want to convert on the client side?
> Or am I missing something?
>
> Thanks
> Genyphyr Novak
> SSA