Kathy..what parms are you using to submit inv920b.to batch

"Coveleskie, Kathy A." <Kathy.A.Coveleskie@ct.sgcna.com> on 08022000 11:24:02

Please respond to BPCS-L@midrange.com

To:   BPCS-L@midrange.com
cc:    (bcc: Anthony Jackson/North/CSI)

Subject:  RE: Month End 920 and 903

My fax number is 610-341-7919.  Would appreciate a copy of your month end
stuff.  THANKS!

     -----Original Message-----
     From:     Lacelle, Marc [SMTP:LACELLE@rcmint.ca]
     Sent:     Friday, February 04, 2000 10:52 AM
     To:  'bpcs-l@midrange.com'
     Subject:  Month End 920 and 903

     Hi Ho

          Been rather busy for the last few days. Sorry for the delay
in
     response time.

     Break time: What does a fish say when he hits a cement wall "Dam"

          Back to business

     Many things have been said on this subject.

          Users signed on when job running
          Client Server
          Reorg Programs
          SSA

     1. Users signed on when INV903,INV920 running
          SSA advised of 14 files to verify when month end run. BAD
NEWS, what
     about ZPA, HPC,     ZXU, ZMA, ZSC and so on.
          You can't rely on the 14 files they gave you. What if a user
is
     signed on to BPCS but sitting       on a main menu. You submit month end
process
     and this user decides to post transactions    using INV500. Month
end
     dies.

          How to Fix. WRKOBJLCK OBJ(BPCSXXXF/ZSC) OBJTYPE(*FILE)

          The ZSC file is the Security Master File, all users logged
on to
     BPCS use this file. If you    need to know who is on BPCS use the
ZSC
     file.

          Client Server: No problem use the ZQWS or the ZQWR file to
find out
     who is on the Client     side.

     2. Reorg Programs.

          IN THIS ORDER

          INV970 the most destructive program ever written by SSA.
Only run
     this after month end. I have deleted this program and written an SQL
     replace it. (Users can't run SQL statements)
          INV972
          INV973
          SFC990
          ORD990
          INV971
          SYS990
          SYS994
          MRP990
          SFC971
          ACR970

     3. Automated Month End
          When I respond to automated month ends, I though you were
talking
     about INV903. I replied  that I had an Asset program and CL's
     submit INV920. Sorry I don't. We don't run INV920
here. I felt
     bad so I wrote a program this morning. Works like a charm.

     4. Month End taking 18-20hrs
          So sorry
          It's either the size of your AS/400 or Data related.

     For those interested in my Asset program and CL's that submit month
end and
     reorgs forward me your fax numbers.

     +---
BPCS-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
| This is the BPCS Users Mailing List!

TÕÑY JÅÇKSÕÑ
BPCS Support
DCS Industry Solutions
Caledonia House                         office    0113 2043300
Lawnswood Business Park                 fax       0113 2043333
Redvers Close
leeds LS16 6QY
The information contained in this electronic mail message is confidential. It is
intended  solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed
and  others  authorised  to receive it. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, copying, dissemination
or disclosure of this information is strictly prohibited.