  • Subject: Re: Should you Summarize?
  • From: Rosalie@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 07:59:15 +0200

I absolutely agree with Paul - DO NOT SUMMARISE.  We implemented BPCS 1
year ago for 4 companies, 1 of which chose to summarise and it was a very
traumatic time trying to reconcile the subsystems with the GL (we have
subsequently changed this for this year).  Having detail in the GL means
you have a one to one match and makes it much easier to trace any possible
"lost" transactions that did not post to the GL (and believe me it does
happen).  We have a recon program that runs on a daily basis checking all
the transactions have posted to the GL and you can only do this if you use
the analysis fields for cross referencing.

"Paul Holstein" <holstein13@hotmail.com> on 08/02/2000 02:15:59 AM

Please respond to BPCS-L@midrange.com