  • Subject: Re: BPCS INV920
  • From: DAsmussen@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 06:43:35 EST

Anup,

anup_k@hotmail.com writes:

> Hello Everyone:
>  We are a BPCS6.04 Full Client House.  I am a programmer/analyst.  I am
>  intrested in writing a scheduler to schedule (Monthly/Weekly/Daily jobs)
for
>  my company using CL/RPG.
>  Problem: I am unable to get the parameters and program list i need to
call.

>  As we dont own a As/set tool it is imposiable for me to check out the
source
>  code.  My main concerns are INV920 (Inventory post to G/L), ACP900
(Accounts
>  Payable), ACR900 (Accounts Recivable), PUR900 (Purchasing Month-End Close
>  Program) and INV903 (Inventory Month-End Close)
>  Any help provided would be highly appreciated...

_IF_ you are running on an AS/400, I might be able to help.  If not, perhaps
an HP guru will step forward?  V5+ BPCS _generally_ passes three parameters
to batch programs -- a one-byte useless one required by AS/Set, a 256 byte
selection list, and a 256 byte parameter list.  I'll not swear as to the
order of the latter two, as I'm usually only concerned with contents as they
appear in the data structure -- _NOT_ the order in which they're passed.

First, perform a print screen of the batch submission parameters panel for
the program in question.  BPCS programs usually (but not always) pass
parameters in the order in which they appear on the screen to the batch
program.  Second, temporarily change, or use a different, job description
used to submit BPCS programs (in your workstation data area) to fully
document batch jobs by using LOG(4 00 *SECLVL) LOGCLPGM(*YES).  If using a
live job description, be sure to use the DSPJOBD OUTPUT(*PRINT) command so
that you can return it to its' original state, as these new settings will
cause significant performance degradation.  Submit the job to batch and
review the resulting job log.

At the top of the aforementioned joblog, the parameters should appear after
the PARM keyword.  The first should be blank or contain some "nonsense"
character.  The second will either be blank or contain your entered
parameters (often in hex for numerics) followed by an "X" in position 256.
The third will either be blank or contain your entered parameters.  Use this
joblog to establish your CL program based upon the desired results.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me offline for more details
-- free of charge.

HTH,

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

"The brain is a wonderful organ.  It starts the moment you get up, and
doesn't stop until you get to the office." -- Robert Frost
+---