  • Subject: Re: Stock Allocation
  • From: Lmittman@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 13:41:33 EST

This response relates to the following e-mail question:

Subj:    Stock Allocation
Date:   1/24/00 11:44:30 AM Central Standard Time
From:   cpapp@merck.com.ar
Sender: owner-bpcs-l@midrange.com
To: BPCS-L@midrange.com

May somebody could help me with this:  (Version BPCS CD)
If during Order Entry/Maintenance, the operator allocate quantity (Lot and
Location), how could I control that  an Inventory Transaction (INV500)
doesn't  consume that allocation (at least without an error  message ).
I've verified that only in Mass Location Transfer (INV510) the program
notifies this error.

Thank you for any suggestion.
Claudia

-------------------------------

Claudia:

It sounds like what you are saying is that the Order Entry operator performs
Lot Allocations when the order is entered.  You are concerned that another
user could post an inventory transaction in Inventory Transaction Posting
(INV500) that will deduct a quantity from the Item/Whse/Lot/Location and
thereby bring the onhand below the quantity that is already allocated.  That
is, the Allocated Quantity will now be greater that the Onhand and no longer
available for the Order Line.

You said that Mass Location Transfer (INV510) DOES give you an error or
warning message for this condition, but that INV500 does NOT.

Please note that INV500 does have many edit checks and warnings for various
conditions.  Your solution can be to add the edit check logic from the INV510
program for Allocated > New Onhand into the INV500 program.  The program
could then issue a warning message to the user and allow a function key (F13)
override.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this approach.

Thanks.

Les Mittman, CPIM
BSI Consulting, Inc.
(847) 831-9388