  • Subject: Re: Shop orders close conditions in v.6.0.04
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 12:00:23 EST

>From Al Macintyre AS400 v4r3 BPCD 405 CD, mixed mode

> Subj:  Shop orders close conditions in v.6.0.04
>  From:    hason@pbsvb.cz (PBS Velka Bites, a.s. - AIS)
>
>  AS400 v4r4 BPCS v 6.0.04, mixed mode
>
>  Hi all,
>  could anyone explain me when a shop order is closed by CST900 ?

There is extensive OSG guidance on this.  If you have trouble accessing OSG,
you can ask SSA help support to get you a reprint of the relevant information.

>  There are some S.O.s at the end of month we force not to close
>  (in sql we set sstat='5', sosts='05') - because all operation are not
> finished or there is not all required material in FMA.

We used to have this problem big time when we did reporting via SFC600, but
now with JIT600 our inventory & labor reporting are in sync.  We have several
problems.

1. Due to the nature of our job-shop business, after shop orders are released
we need to change the quantity of order to be produced, but sometimes
production control is slow to up the order size, so the reporting causes an
order to be closed before reporting harmonious all in.

2. Rules for what keeps old orders open & causes rapid closing of new orders
is not clearly understood by spectrum of personnel who manage shop orders,
and who manage system rules that impact shop orders, such as how long we
retain labor ticket history - I think BPCS rules here are unneccessarily
complex.

>  In v.5 was the condition for closing a S.O.
>  fso.sqreq = fso.sqfin & fso.sstat in ('X', 'Y')

In v.4 is a hell of a lot more & I suspect also later versions, so you would
be well advised to get that OSG document.  For example, we had shop orders
still open 4 months out, due to production personnel overwhelmed with
paperwork, and the company changed the labor ticket history retention to 60
days because we thought the only reason to keep the history was for our
convenience in reports against the history.  Come to find out CST600 looks at
ITH & FLT in deciding whether a shop order otherwise coded for purge will in
fact get purged.

>  I'm not sure about v.6 condition;
>  and second question - is there a program in BPCS which checks all S.O.s
>  and resets status fields in FSO (to correct our SQL changes)?
>
>  Thanks in advance
>           Otto

Although we use JIT600 for our standard reporting, we also use SFC600 for
some clean-up.  Suppose we wanted to close a shop order sooner than later.

Example order was to make 1,000 but now we only need what was actually made -
750, so we downsize the open order quantity via order maintenance to 750 and
THE ORDER IS STILL OPEN until we enter a zero hours zero quantity labor
ticket via SFC600 on the first operation of the order.  BPCS applies this to
the first operation & concludes that the requirement of 750 is met & closes
that operation, then goes all the way thru all the FOD records on the FSO &
closes each one.

This will not resolve your whole situation, but SFC620 might be a starting
point to check out.

Al
+---