  • Subject: Re: None = Y2K BMRs
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 12:00:21 EST

> From: waligura@yahoo.com (Slawomir Waligura)
>
>  Hey, are you all aware that your BPCS may not be Y2K compliant?
>  Even BPCS 6.04 July/99 cumulative BMR does not contain ALL fixes to
>  Y2k. SSA has compiled a list of Y2K BMR's on the OGS site
>  but, as I once said, not everybody has access to OGS.
>  So, once again, Email me if you want the full list of Y2K BMR's

> Subj:  BPCS Y2K compliance
>  From:    waligura@yahoo.com (Slawomir Waligura)
>
>  Hello people.
>  I have been totally inundated by requests for the Y2K compliance BMR's.
>  Thus, Both this report and the BPCS performance guide are available to
>  download at your leisure at
>
>  http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/Suite/9100/
>
>  My direct email is mailto:waligura@yahoo.com
>  (Just click on it)
>
>  Sorry, I will not respond anymore to requests regarding those
>  documents, but I will be happy to assist in any other way.

I talked to SSA about my problem with FILES in BMR that I not believe belong
multiple times in library list, particularly physical, or libraries shared by
environments & also asked about some other matters like our move to 170
without 8 mm tape drive ... it might be nice to get BMRs on CD ... anyhow the
OSG spread sheet on Y2K fix story is apparently updated every Monday, and all
the fixes there for a version can be ordered that Monday afternoon & the
number system for shipping that is outside the normal BMRs.

So, if accessing OSG is a big pain in the butt for you as it is for us,
Monday nite is the best time to clog up the access network to get at the
latest Y2K list & compare to see what they added for our version vs. last
weelk's.  Bad news for 405 CD like us ... the source code with this is AS/Set
only ... so if you are not using AS/Set, be sure to place individual orders
with the help line for each & every source code associated with the Y2K fix
package, or you will not get them.  SSA internal politics is fighting to fix
this for V4 but don't hold your breath that it will be resolved in time for
Y2K.

We have some 6 digit BMRs - that is really the incident # after the 101 for a
cluster of BMRs, until the 5 digit system runs out of numbers.

I am now using a separate library in our library list for files that got
added via BMRs.

Al Macintyre
+---