  • Subject: RE: LOCKED RECORDS
  • From: Christine Hales <chales@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 07:54:07 -0500

        We have several issues with PC "lock-ups", that we are starting to
bring
under control.  One of the biggest contributors to lock-ups was having an
email package open at the same time as BPCS.  Also, moving from a Win95 to
a WinNT machine helped.

        Our Invoice Entry issue, however, was picked up when the A/P people
noticed that when one individual was printing cheques - everyone else would
freeze until the cheques were actually printing.  I could understand if the
cheque printing and the invoicing were being done for the same company, but
they are separate companies being worked on.  Of course, the helpline could
not duplicate .....  We ended up putting a process in place so that this
situation would not occur.

                        -Christine

On Tuesday, November 09, 1999 10:18 PM, Ata510@aol.com
[SMTP:Ata510@aol.com] wrote:
> BMR43360 addresses PC Lockups as described by your note, and the BMR is
not
> completed because they have not yet determined the root cause of the
problem.
> However, several "Service Packs" exist for the PC Newi software that help
> reduce the problem. Make sure you have those latest ones, at least, and
keep
> checking SSA for progress on the BMR analysis.
>
> >Most of our locked records are due to PC lock-ups in Invoice Entry
(ACP500).
> >The PC locks up in the middle of keying an invoice and you cannot back
out
> >of A/P or use any other application on the PC.  The only choice is to
reboot
> >the machine.
>
> +---
> | This is the BPCS Users Mailing List!