  • Subject: Re: [AS/400 Sizing]
  • From: "Gary Ackland" <ackland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 10:47:50 -0400

Becareful on the IBM guarantee, IBM's promise is on NEW systems only, not on
upgrades.

AS/400 sizing is accomplished by completing the SSA sizing questionnaire,
and then working with one of the certified SSA Hardware partners.  We are
constantly working with customers, helping them find the best solution to
meet their system performance needs.  This is what we do.

How accurate is the questionnaire? Right now its pretty good.  Certainly the
AS/400 system size that the BPCS software needs is larger than the past, but
the system sizes for any other ERP solution in the marketplace is just as
large or bigger.  The other reason I think the questionnaire is doing a good
job is the lack "noise" on this issue.  For those customers who have
upgraded their systems in the past 18 months, I can't think of any customer
having an issue with their AS/400 system's performance, which either a BMR
or PTF has been able to fix.