  • Subject: Re: Problem with capacity planning
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 15:07:08 EDT

I>  From:   hason@pbsvb.cz (PBS Velka Bites, a.s. - AIS)
>
>  AS400, BPCS 6.004, mixed mode

Al Macintyre - AS/436, 405 CD rel-1, mixed mode

>  We created some forecasts (file KMR) in 2002 and ran MRP600 and CAP600.
> Some items are in plan (MRP600 is OK) but CAP600 does not create capacity
> requirements.
>  I do not see any difference between items which is incorporated by CAP600
> and these others.
>  Any experiences/ suggestionss ?
>
>  Thanks
>   Otto

Check OSG for Y2K BMRs

Does this process work for you when Y2K dates are not part of the picture?

There are some BPCS calendars which essentially say that information outside
of some date range is to be excluded from some activities.  I am not an
expert on this, only mention it as an area to explore.  We have data created
in which one calendar is the boss, then the data is transferred to some other
rsponsibility whose calendar is not in sync.  BPCS does not appear to have a
single document explaining all the calendars.  This information is scattered
throughout many documents in which the cross-indexing is for the birds, but
be thankful the information is there for us to try to mine.

We run MRP500 then MRP600 then CAP600 on a regular basis ... in that order by
facility.

Sometimes we run MRP500 then CAP500 then MRP600 then CAP600 ... in that order
by facility

This is documented several places in BPCS & we do not pretend to be experts
on all the nuances.

There is the option to run this MRP & CAP stuff by individual facility, or
run thw whole thing globally.  Check the help on this ... the rules are
different by facility than when run globally, in which some of the raw data
comes from different places.

Are you running your MRP600 & CAP600 both by the same method - by facility or
globally?

We are also using DRP but not FOR.

We have not been firming up any planned orders ... we let the system
regenerate itself, with all of our requirements flowing in from customer
orders & resupply orders.

Al
+---