  • Subject: Re: Performance solutions (IBM Performance Protection)
  • From: mbreit@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 16:34:31 -0500

The ERP Performance Protection Plan from IBM is aimed at customers buying new
systems preloaded with eBPCS through the AS/400e custom solution packaging
program.  The offer will be available only if the eBPCS solution is sized by IBM
using the sizing questionaire and process developed by IBM and SSA.  The current
sizing process and questionaire, which has been in place for the last 18 months
or so, is more accurate than early sizing tools for BPCS ver 6.

The plan does not apply to customers upgrading their hardware or OS release, and
is not a way to force users to upgrade.  The process doesn't differ
significantly from what is in place today -- in that if you size your workload
using the BPCS sizing questionaire and get back a sizing from IBM, we believe
that system will handle the workload entered.  This announcement is a way IBM
can stand behind the sizing process and the capabilities of the AS/400e for
those ERP packages that have been offered as preload solutions for awhile now.

For more information or specific questions you should contact the IBM/SSA
International Competency Center at (312)474-7333 or send e-mail to
ibmssa@us.ibm.com.

Mike Breitbach  -  Software Engineer
IBM Rochester,  AS/400 ERP Development
Internet: mbreit@us.ibm.com