  • Subject: Re: EDI without education = risky
  • From: "Jim" <jcannon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 08:50:37 -0700

Yeah, I got all day to spend on the phone talking to voicemails of all these
various places and services. And God help you if you don't have an Incident
number! As an example...what is the deal with waiting for 'no more' than 5
days to get a software key? Last time I got one, it took the girl 10 minutes
to get it to me, once she got around to doing it.

If I were king of SSA Support...I would try to implement something similar
to what hospitals do in mass emergencies. Triage the calls. Of course this
would require someone answering the phone to know how to say
something other than "Your incident number?". Getting a software key
should not take 2 - 5 days!!!

What I tried to do, and I thought I was being helpful to the person handling
my incident, was to write out my questions and fax them to the support
person. In this manner the support person isn't under the gun to give an
answer right away. If they don't know the answer, they have the opportunity
to research it. Then its the option of the support person to call and vocally
answer the question, or email back the answers.

It worked for a day or two, but I get no response at all now.

I have been to those sites you suggested, and we are a member or OGS.

Actually, this forum has been more beneficial than anything! I got input from
real users, and got good info so far.

Thanks for your dialogue on the subject.