  • Subject: Re: COM Performance...
  • From: DAsmussen@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 04:26:21 EDT

Francisco,

> Does any one has any tip to improve the COM performance (BPCS C/S 6.0.02
plf).

Several people have asked this question, and I usually answer with a generic
"try this and this and this".  Today I received an SSA document that addresses
C/S directly within BPCS.  I'm just happy to hear that we now have SSA
personnel actually _responding_ to these concerns -- welcome, and keep it up!
Don't know if this is what's on Peter's mentioned OGS site, but those of you
that have e-mail only need it anyhow -- create the following access paths by
program that performs poorly:

1.  ORD701B -- Quotes:  EQL indexed by LID, LWHS, LORD, LLINE.  RMA
Processing:  ERL indexed by LID, LWHS, LORD, LLINE.  Customer notes:  ESNW
indexed by SNID, WSNTP, SNCUST, SNSHIP, SNSEQ.  Work record processing:  ECLW
indexed by XTYOR, LORD, LLINE.  Journal Header record processing:  GHH indexed
by HHEVNT, HHLDGR, HHBOOK, HHJDAT, HHCURR, HHRATE, HHLOCK.  Journal x-ref
processing:  GXR indexed by XREVNT.

2.  BIL550B -- Invoice header records:  SIH indexed by SICOMP, IHDPFX, IHDOCN,
IHDTYP, IHDYR, SIORD.  Invoice header records:  SIH indexed by SICOMP, IHODPX,
SIINVN, IHODTP, IHODYR, SIORD.  Invoice line records:  SIL indexed by ILCOMP,
ILDPFX, ILDOCN, ILDTYP, ILDYR, ILORD, ILLINE.  Invoice line records:  SIL
indexed by ILCOMP, ILODPX, ILDOCN, ILDTYP, ILDYR, ILORD, ILLINE.

3.  ACR500 -- A/R detail records:  RAR indexed by RDDTE, RCUST, ARDPFX,
ARDOCN.  A/R detail records:  RAR indexed by ARWSID, RCUST, RCURR, ARODPX,
RINVC, ARODTP, ARODYR, RSEQ, RCOMP.  A/R detail records:  RAR indexed by
ARWSID, RCCUS, RCURR, ARODPX, RINVC, ARODTP, ARODYR, RSEQ, RCOMP.  A/R tax
detail:  RTX indexed by TXWSID, TXCUST, TXSEQ, TXODPX, TXINVN, TXODTP, TXODYR.
A/R detail records via RTX:  RTX indexed by TXID, TXWSID.  CEA work records:
GWF indexed by WFTRN, WFSRVR.

4.  OLM700B -- Order line records:  ECL indexed by LID, LWHS, LDROP, LCONSL,
LORD, LSZNE, LROUT, LCUST, LRDTE, LCARR, LSHIP.  Document/Note type header
records:  LDN indexed by DNCUST, DNSHPT, DNWHSE, DNID.  Load line carton
records:  LLC indexed by LCWHSE, LCLOAD, LSCSHPM, LCORDN, LCIMTR, LCID,
LCOLIN.  Load line records:  LLL indexed by LLWHSE, LLLOAD, LLSHPM, LLORDN.

I take no responsibility for this information, nor my reproduction of it here.
This is what SSA recommends today, but I am sure that other improvements are
available.  If it appears that I mistyped something, drop me a line and I'll
be glad to verify from what I have.

Good Luck!

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-Mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

"I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages." -- Bill Mauldin

2.
+---