  • Subject: Re: BPCS 6.02... -Reply
  • From: HipszerT@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 00:56:11 EST

<< f you're seeing "pretty good performance", you must have a "pretty small"
 database for V6.  We have over 250,000 BOM records, and BOM300 takes over two
 minutes to bring up even a single-level inquiry.  SFC600 takes 4 minutes to
 bring up the _First_ screen for labor (labour for those of the UK persuasion)
 tickets.  We've received two "performance" BMRS but, guess what?  The
majority
 of the performance enhancements were for SSA's two UNIX accounts and had, to
 quote SSA's code, "no effect plus or minus on the AS/400".  Note that this
 performance is on our development 320, with four processors and practically
 nobody using it -- hate to see what the 530 with 200 users will do...

Dean---  you always seem to be able to brighten my day......NOT!

Thanks for your insights though..

Tony Hipszer
+---