  • Subject: Re: BPCS Lot Control
  • From: Shalom Carmel <shalom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 18:02:25 +0200

>Suppose we have an item (A) that the customer
>requires us to control in 3,000 piece lots. We have an order for 51,000
>pieces. This equates to 17 lots. What would be the correct way to cut a
>shop order for this product? Must we manually cut 17 shop orders,
>allowing BPCS to assign the lot number each time? Or can we have one
>work order with 17 releases with 17 different lot numbers that the
>system creates during shop packet print? Labor reported against the shop
>order/operation combo must maintain lot traceability.
>Paul LaFlamme
>Manager MIS
>Kennedy Die Castings Inc.

You should use the API module for this. API manages manufacturing
campaigns, which are exactly what you are looking for: a way to create a
work order with several releases.

1. Set the incremental order qty and the lot size for item (A) in MRP140 to
be 3,000.
2. Start API500 from the API menu.
3. Either select planned orders (if you use MRP) to include in your
campaign, or create a campaign with the required gross quantity.
4. When you release the campaign, it will be automatically split into
individual shop orders, each at 3,000 required quantity and with a seperate
lot number.

Good Luck!